SOCIAL ACTIVITIES AND COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT
Did you know that Student Veterans of America offers leadership training for some chapter leaders? Why not run for the chapter leadership positions and learn how to organize and manage a non-profit organization?
Welcome to the Student Veterans’ Association Center.
The center has been established to facilitate the development of a variety of veterans’ organization on the Henley-Putnam School of Strategic Security at National American University’s virtual campus. It is a place where all student service members, veterans, and faculty are free to meet and organize. The goal of the center is to provide a space for student veterans’ organizations to establish a presence, organize, meet and collaborate on issues that are important to the veteran with educational goals.
STUDENT VETERANS' CENTER:
Help us help you. Speak up about the issues that are preventing you from reaching your educational goals.
VETERAN STUDENT LED DISCUSSIONS AND WORKSHOPS
We need a spot to notify each other of campus activities that are of interest to all.
Do you need help understanding your benefits? Why not contact the Veterans Cetrifying Offical for help.
You might be eligible for more than one GI Bill program but you can only use one. Each GI Bill program is different. The links below will help you decide which is best for you:
Your benefit level will depend on the amount of time on Active Duty service.
Your degree objective and your quarterly course load (rate of pursuit) may be factors in determining the amount of benefits you receive.
If you elect to receive Post 9/11 GI Bill benefits it is an IRREVOCABLE decision. You will be required to relinquish all rights to any previous benefits earned.
The Post 9/11 GI Bill pays the school directly whereas the Montgomery GI Bill is a reimbursement program. You will be paying the school directly and the VA will reimburse you.
Don't forget to tell your friends to let the University know who refered them. You will receive a $25.00 Gift Card.
Who should serve on our advisory committee?
Upcoming Event: Why not have student-led discussions or events. We can invite a favorite instructor to tell us about employment opportunitites in their field of expertise or set up a discussion on managing your tuition assistance. It is your organization what do you want to see?
Do you think it is a university position duty such as the Dean and/or Veterans Certifying Official or do you think it should be a recruited position based on faculty experience and enthusiasm?
Other Veteran's Organizations on Campus?
Student Veterans Of America (Main Web Page)
1625 K. Street NW, Suite 320
Washington D.C. 20006
Telephone: (202) 223-4710
Main SVA Webpage: studentveternas.org
Programs that the main SVA provides
Local Leadership Summits
National Veterans Center
Boots For Building
Google Resume Workshops
Kognito Virtual Training
The SVA can serve as an umbrella organization where all campus veteran's associations can organize. Have an idea? Let us know.
Veterans Student Related News:
In the News
Are you deploying soon? Why not connect with other Henley-Putnam University student veterans? We could have a spot for deployment in the veterans student center.
Information, education and referral
Student Job Resources:
Civilian Job Placement for Veterans
- VIP Fellowship (1-year Fellowship)
- Transitioning Military Careers
- Information Assurance Scholarship Program (IASP)
- Stokes Educational Scholarship Program The SMART Program
- USAJOBS.COM (Government Jobs)
- Transportation Security Administration (TSA) Jobs (Internship/Jobs)
- Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) Internships (Internship/Jobs)
- Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA) Internships (Internship/Jobs)
- Director of National Intelligence (DNI) Internships (Internship/Jobs)
- National Reconnaissance Office (NRO) (Internship/Jobs)
- Additional Internships links through University of Southern Florida (Internship)
- Great Plains National Security Education Consortium - Intelligence Community Student Internship and Opportunities (Internship)
- Office of Naval Intelligence (Internship/Jobs)
- National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (Internship/Jobs)
- Federal Bureau of Investigation (Internship/Jobs)
What else do you want from this organization?
Drop us an email: SVA@Henley-Putnam.edu